GYANODAYA aims at providing global citizens contributing to global progress and brotherhood, regardless of national boundaries. In this regard, Gyanodaya welcomes volunteers from around the globe to share their culture, experience, technical know-how, develop new skills and/or to improve on the existing status and new ventures.
Volunteering is all about contributing and gaining, teaching and learning simultaneously and making a difference in the approaches.
You will get a homely environment at Gyanodaya if you are thinking of volunteering here. The facilities, co-operation of the school family and the environment provided will give you an aura of comfort and confidence.
We have had volunteers from India, Pakistan, Australia, China, New Zealand, UK, USA and Nepal. Here, the volunteers have shared their respective cultures and experiences enabling our students to get a broader view of life and career.
WHY GYANODAYA NEEDS VOLUNTEERS?
- To provide an extra set of hands to assist students to enrich the students’ curriculum and broaden their awareness and experiences.
- To improve students’ self-evaluation and self-worth by increasing achievement.
- To increase students’ self-motivation for learning by providing a positive attitude.
- To encourage the development of self-control and independence in students.
- To provide students’ with an opportunity to develop social competency.
- To relive the teacher of some non-instructional tasks so they may focus on teaching.
- To reinforce lesson skills.
- To stimulate interest, concern, and support.
- To provide an opportunity for interested community partners to become involved.
- To strengthen school community relations through direct and positive participation.
- To enhance all aspects of the education process.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO VOLUNTEERS NEED?
Although there are no educational requirements for school volunteers, there are certain human qualities that enhance a volunteer’s efforts. What Gynaodaya expects from volunteers:-
- Good health.
- A warm and understanding personality.
- Willingness to accept supervision.
- Ability to get along with others.
- A sense of humour.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Dependability and reliability.
- A desire to motivate children and help them to succeed in school.
- Like children and be able to accept them as they are.
- Understand that children will imitate and learn from what they see/hear.
- Respect the religion, culture, tradition, norms, values and the belief of others.
Interested? If yes, send us your resume along with the passport size photograph and copies of all original documents.