Mrs. Indira Yakthumba is the Founder Principal of Gyanodaya Bal Batika School, Bungmati/ Khokana, Lalitpur, Nepal.
She established Gyanodaya Bal Batika in 1975 in fond memory of her husband, "His Excellency Late Gyan Bahadur Yakthumba." She worked tirelessly towards the betterment of the school and students. Later in 1999 she established Gyanodaya Residential School and further expanded the era of education and enlightenment. Her commitment to the education sector is exemplary, which is attested by the numerous awards and recognition she has been conferred upon by various government and non-government institutions.
Gyanodaya today, proudly celebrates the 44th foundation day carving a long journey that stands witness to Gyanodaya's contribution to the society and its graduates' endeavours towards global excellence.
Name: Mrs. INDIRA YAKTHUMBA
Date of Birth: 30th March 1948
Correspondence Address: Gyanodaya Bal Batika, Bungmati/ Khokana, Lalitpur.
Permanent Address: Indira Home, 3/336, Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur, Nepal.
• School final - St. Capitanio Girls’ High School, Nagarkata.
• l.Ed. - Mahendra Ratna Campus, T.U., Kathmandu
• T.T.C. & B.Ed. - Loreto House, Calcutta
• Montessori Training - Association of Montessori International, Calcutta
• Diploma in Administrative Management, Suffee Commercial College, Calcutta
• Emergent Literacy in Early Childhood Education.
The Golda Meir-Mount Carmel International Training Centre, Israel.
• Business Administration & Business English, Evendine College, London, England.
National Awards Received:
• Year 2044 B.S - Medal & Certificate of Appreciation presented by H.M. Govt. National Education Council.
• Year 2046 B.S. - Special token of Appreciation was given by the Prime Minister in office, Girija Prasad Koirala, for her contribution towards the children of Bal Mandir.
• Year 2051 B.S. - Awarded a Certificate & a Token of Appreciation by His Majesty King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev, for her contribution towards Education to Non- Gazette Police Personnel’s children.
• Year 2053 B.S. - On the occasion of the Silver Jubilee of His Majesty’s Accession to the throne, she was awarded a Medal for her contribution in the field of Education.
• Year 2060 B.S. - Awarded Gorkha Dakshin Bahu (Fourth) by His Majesty King Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev for her contribution in the field of Education
• Year 2061 B.S. - Awarded Shiksha Sewa Padak 2061 by His Majesty’s Government, Ministry of Education & Sports, for her contribution in the field of Education.
• Year 2061 B.S. - Awarded Birendra Vidhya Regional Shield, Flag, Certificate and Cash Award for being the best school in Central Development Region (based on the S.L.C. 2060 Result, Send-up Result 2060, No. of students in Class IX 2059, Average number of students on a regional basis)
• Year 2061B.S. - Awarded Rashtriya Nari Samman by Shanti Bikas Abhiyan Nepal.
• Year 2062 B.S. - Awarded Prakhyat Tri Shakti Patta (Fourth) by His Majesty King Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev for her contribution in the field of Education.
• Year 2062 B.S. - Awarded Birendra Vidhya National Shield, Flag, Certificate and Cash Award for being the best school in Nepal (based on the S.L.C. 2061 Result, Send-up Result 2061, No. of students in Class IX 2060.
• Year 2062 B.S. - Awarded Social Service Felicitation by Mahila Bal Balika tatha Janjati Sachetana Abhiyan.
• Year 2064 B.S. - Awarded Bises Rashtriya Sewa Samman by Hon. Minister Prithvi Subba Gurung, organized by Nepal Youth Society.
• Year 2066 B.S. - Certificate of Appreciation presented by Hon. Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli for her contribution in the field of Education.
• Year 2074 B.S. - Awarded Sikchya Sewi Samman by Hon. Former Prime Minister Lokendra Bdr. Chand, organized by Blue Wren Education Foundation.
• Year 2074 B.S. - Awarded Sikchya Sewi Samman by Hon. President Bidya Devi Bhandari, organized by Ram Prasad Rai Smirti Pratisthan.
International Seminars Attended:
• 1991 - The Second SAARC Rainbow Summit, New Delhi, India
• 1993 - Summit on Emergent Literacy & Early Childhood Education, Japan
• 1994 - Summit on Religion, Vancouver, Canada
• 1995 - Summit on Religion, Sydney, Australia
• 1995- To discuss Nepal Educational System and Policies with the representatives of the British Army, Hong Kong.
• Australia • Burma • Cambodia • Canada
• China • Egypt • Hong Kong • India
• Israel • Italy • Japan • Laos
• Malaysia • Russia • Singapore • Thailand
• U.A.E. • U.K. • U.S.A.
• Founder-Principal, Gyanodaya Bal Batika School, Bungmati/ Khokana, Lalitpur.
• Founder-Director, Gyanodaya Bal Batika Higher Secondary, Bungmati/ Khokana, Lalitpur.
• Founder-Principal, Gyanodaya Int’l Residential School, Bungmati/ Khokana, Lalitpur.
• Founder-Director, Gyanodaya Social Service Division - A totally free primary school for children education has been established at Bungmati/ Khokana, Lalitpur.